From Mr. Rick Starrs, NAVREF CEO:
It was great to see many of you virtually last week at the Annual Conference. I hope everyone enjoyed a refreshing weekend. We have 6 items of interest for you this week:
- Thanks to all of you who attended the NAVREF Annual Conference last week—we had a total of 416 attendees, nearly doubling our previous record! See attached press release. The conference materials—recorded sessions and slides—will be available to all registrants for another 30 days, so don’t hesitate to check out the sessions you missed or download desired documents. Please take the time to help us plan future events by completing our conference surveys:
- The session surveys are on your NAVREF App. Go to the Schedule tab, click on the session you attended, click on “Leave Feedback”, rate the session and the presenter on a 1-to-5 scale and add any additional comments—that’s all!
- The Office of Management and Budget recently issued its Final Guidance on amendments to its Uniform Guidance. Courtesy of NAVREF Board Member Bob Forrester, attached is a summary of those changes (which will be effective November 12, 2020. Thank you Bob!
- See attached ORD COVID-19 Update from ORD.
- We do not yet have a determination from OGC on the way ahead for using contracted personnel from staffing agencies. You may continue to use staffing agencies such as Medix Staffing Solutions for hiring permanent NPC employees.
- Legislative Update - Both the House and Senate are in session this week. The passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg complicates an already full agenda including the need for a continuing resolution to avoid a government shutdown, the next COVID-19 relief package, and the possibility of a disaster relief package for communities across the country impacted by wildfires and hurricanes.
- Upcoming calendar events:
- Sep 25-28 SWOG Cancer Research Network Conference (virtual)
- Sep 28, 10:30-12pm ET Non-Profit Oversight Board Quarterly Meeting (virtual)
- Oct 5, 12-4pm ET NAVREF Quarterly Board of Directors Meeting (virtual)
- Oct 6-22 SCRS Global Site Solutions Summit (virtual)
- Oct 22 NAVREF Webinar “Fundraising Registration 101: Why, Who, Where and How to Comply with State Laws”
- Oct 28-29 VHA Innovation Experience (virtual)