The FY17 AIMM Program Announcement and General Application Instructions for the following award mechanism are anticipated to be posted on Grants.gov in November 2017. Pre-application (Letter of Intent) and application deadlines will be available when the Program Announcement is released. This pre-announcement should not be construed as an obligation by the government, and funding of research projects received in response to the Program Announcement is contingent on the availability of Federal funds.
As directed by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, the Defense Health Agency (DHA) J9, Research and Development Directorate, manages the Defense Health Program Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation appropriation. The managing agent for the anticipated Program Announcements/Funding Opportunities is the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
AIMM Research Award
- Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent)
- Supports highly creative and conceptually innovative high-risk research with the potential to accelerate critical discoveries or major advancements that will significantly impact military health and medicine.
- Supports novel research concepts and development of enabling technologies.
- Supports applied research efforts that initiate or enhance potential game-changers; clinical trials are not allowed.
- Impact and Innovation are important aspects of the AIMM initiative.
- Projects proposed should be relevant to at least one DoD medical research program area. However, broadly applicable research projects with the potential to benefit multiple DoD medical research program areas are encouraged.
- Applications using synthetic or systems biology-based approaches are highly encouraged.
- Pre-application (Letter of Intent) is required.
- Maximum funding of $350,000 for direct costs (plus indirect costs).
- Maximum period of performance is 18 months.
A pre-application (Letter of Intent) is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Program Announcement and General Application Instructions that will be available for electronic downloading from the Grants.gov website at https://www.grants.gov/. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all USAMRMC funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Applications must be submitted through the federal government’s single-entry portal, Grants.gov. Submission deadlines are not available until the Program Announcement is released. For email notification when Program Announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://eBRAP.org. For more information about other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs
Book mark the CDMRP website:
Follow CDMRP on Twitter at:
View CDMRP research results on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/CDMRP